We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer
Loop is seeking an experienced and capable web developer to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of attention to detail, and is able to develop web solutions in line with design mockups and client specifications without much oversight. This position will start at 30 hours per week on a three month contract, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position. The job is based out of our Toronto studio, with flexible working hours.
Loop is a growing creative agency working with leading social enterprises, non-profits and social impact organizations. We build brands and digital experiences that amplify impact and help solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-5 years experience as a full-stack Web Developer
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Expert knowledge of the principles of responsive web development
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Advanced knowlege working in WordPress (back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins)
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages / WordPress themes
- Knowledge of how to interact with restful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to take a brief and design mockup and run with the project independently with little direction
- Well versed in creating websites that are AODA compliant
- A team player who is excited to jump into pre-existing projects
- Experience working with and developing eCommerce websites
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (including Adobe XD)
- Experience working in the social impact / nonprofit space
- Experience working with Beaver Builder
- Assist in the development of custom websites for a variety of Loop’s clients within the social impact space
- Develop custom themes on WordPress
- Work closely with the design team and project manager to create websites that accurately reflect website mockups and client specifications
- Apply web and mobile design standards and best practice
- Advise and provide expert knowledge on the technical feasibility of proposed deliverables for new projects
- Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, performance, integration, and operations requirements
- Identify risks, issues, and constraints associated with solutions and designs
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
- LOOP is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, colour, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
In the first edition of Getting Personal, we’re speaking with our Creative Director, Josh Layton about the launch of a new magazine he’s been working on called Living Hyphen. This new magazine is all in the family at Loop, having been founded by one of our close collaborators and clients, Justine Abigail Yu.